Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sometimes It's Theraputic


Sometimes it's just theraputic to put myself into my art. This is how my Angel of Peace came to be. My nephew and my youngest son's best friend are both serving in dangerous places abroad. I had the pleasure of having lunch with my nephew's wife and his two beautiful daughters today. He has been on my mind constantly since his deployment a little over a month ago. This is his second time serving in a war zone. My son's best friend is also in a dangerous area. His mother gave me a bracelet to wear every day to think about him. Boy does it ever serve as a reminder to pray for both of them daily! An Angel of Peace is being offered on Ebay starting tonight and ending Sunday evening. STAY SAFE GUYS!

4 comments:

Barefoot Primitives said...

I agree Deb. My sons have friends in the service, one for sure is going to Iraq after the first of the year. This young man has already seen two of his friends lose their lives (in a safe zone!) and it breaks my heart - keeps adding to my prayer list! Love your angel sweetie.
Hugs
Debbie

Bittersweet Pastimes said...

Thank you, Debbie. It is a frightening situation over there. We just have to keep praying for them and the leadership of our Country. Hugs-Deb

Sheryl Parsons said...

Praying for all our soldiers who are off to war. Your angel is darling Debbie.
:-)
Sheryl

Bittersweet Pastimes said...

Thank you Sheryl. I appreciate the prayers and the compliments. Hugs-
Deb