Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Reason to Celebrate


On this Labor Day weekend, when we celebrate the achievements and contributions of all workers across this great country of ours, our family has another reason to celebrate. I emailed my nephew to see if he had any requests for his next goodie box that I was preparing. He is in the United States Navy, serving in Iraq. His reply came faster than any I've received from him. He said he didn't have any needs, that they are getting ready to come HOME!!!! YiPPPEEEE! We are so grateful for his service and all of our brave troops serving both at home and abroad, but I can't wait to hug this sailor's neck!


I hope that all of you have an enjoyable and safe Labor Day weekend. God Bless America and all of our troops!

2 comments:

La Donna Welter said...

Hi Debbie!
I stopped by to tell you that you have received the "Primitive Excellence Award"!
Please stop by my blog for more details!
Hugs,
La Donna Welter
Papercutting
http://ladonnawelter.blogspot.com

Bittersweet Pastimes said...

Thank you so much, LaDonna! I'm thrilled that you have passed this award on to me, and that you've visited my blog. I have to warn you that I am new to this and will have to get some help, so it may take a little while to post the award and links. But I do appreciate it and I would love to exchange links with you.
Deb